AWE RELEASES HIGHLY ANTICIPATED EXHAUST SUITE FOR THE C8 CORVETTE
AWE, the precision-engineering firm based outside of Philadelphia, has officially released its exhaust line for the Chevrolet C8 Corvette.
“Since the announcement of the forthcoming C8 exhaust lineup, the reviews have been outstanding, and this is the moment we’ve been waiting for! From solving the V4/8 switching complaints, to bringing the right growl to the car, to AWE’s fitment guarantees, the C8 Corvette line brings some very special engineering to what has become one of our favorite exhaust suites to date,” stated Jesse Kramer, VP of Marketing at AWE.
The new exhaust suite incorporates their aggressive Track Editions, and AWE’s signature Touring Editions featuring their patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, that successfully defeats the dreaded in-cabin tone change between V8 and V4 modes.
Both exhaust editions are pure bolt-on, while including AWE’s AFM Valve Simulators to properly remedy the removal of the AFM valves from the exhaust route.
Two separate C8 Corvettes were used for development by AWE to account for any OE deviations, ensuring a perfect fit, repeatable performance gains, and signature tone. The systems have been rigorously tested in a drag-environment, road-course environment and via long term street testing.
Drivers will have the option of 4.5” double walled, slash-cut tips in either chrome silver or diamond black.
Features and benefits:
- Bespoke, asymmetric exhaust design unlocks signature tone and performance
- Max gains of 19 hp and 15 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
- Available as Touring Edition or rowdy Track Edition, both with straight-through designs for maximum performance
- Patented drone-canceling 180 Technology® (Touring Edition)
- Engineered to defeat the dreaded in-cabin tone change between V4 and V8 modes (Touring Edition)
- Handcrafted from 3” CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-made .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Robust 8” flex sections to isolate engine movement and increase durability
- Weight savings of 31 lbs (Touring Edition) and 39 lbs (Track Edition) compared to stock
- Tip options include quad 4.5” double-walled slash cut tips in chrome silver or diamond black
- Includes AWE AFM Valve Simulators and aluminum heat shield
- Rigorously tested in a drag-environment, road-course environment and via long term street testing
- No effect on factory emissions equipment
- Direct bolt-on, no cutting
- AWE Perfect fitment Guarantee
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
- AWE Lifetime warranty
- Proudly engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house at AWE
Watch the launch video below:
More information, performance specifications, and pricing can be found on AWE’s website within the C8 Corvette Exhaust Suite product page, or by calling AWE directly at 866.732.3461.
AWE is the authority in precision engineering for enthusiast vehicles. From award-winning handcrafted performance exhausts dubbed The Best Sounding Exhausts on the Planet™, to track-tested carbon fiber intakes and performance intercoolers, AWE innovates, designs, engineers, manufactures, and distributes AWE brand performance products globally through its preferred network of dealers, online, and from its state-of-the-art headquarters outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Since 1991, AWE's elite team of researchers, engineers, innovators, and drivers have track-tested and introduced premium performance upgrades for some of the finest automobiles in the world.