INTRODUCING AWE TUNING'S SUPERCHARGER COOLING SOLUTION: THE COLDFRONT SYSTEM
Willow Grove, PA
June 11, 2013
AWE Tuning introduced its ColdFront System for the B8 and B8.5 3.0T S4 and S5 today.
The AWE Tuning ® ColdFront System was designed and conceptualized in-house at AWE Tuning to minimize heat soak during aggressive driving and high temperature operation of 3.0T powertrains in B8 and B8.5 chassis Audi models.
“During track testing for the AWE Tuning Stage 2 Performance Pulley, we noticed that power was being robbed by high intake air temperatures as well as high coolant temperatures” Vice President of Marketing Jesse Kramer noted. “This was a problem that needed to be addressed.”
“Modified vehicles, notably those flashed and/or equipped with a modified supercharger pulley like the AWE Tuning Stage 2 Performance Pulley, are particularly susceptible to higher intake air temperatures. Enter the AWE Tuning ® ColdFront Heat Exchanger: Proven to maintain consistent intake air temperatures and power, even under the most demanding of conditions.”
AWE Tuning ® ColdFront System Highlights:
- Larger Heat Exchanger surface area for superior cooling
- Only Heat Exchanger on the market with a drain plug and bleed screw to ensure no air is trapped while adding coolant
- Larger Coolant Reservoir capacity
- Direct replacement for OEM Heat Exchanger
- ColdFront System lowers coolant temperatures by a maximum of 24F
- ColdFront System lowers Intake Air Temperatures (IATs) by 15F
- Nearly eliminates power loss from heat soak
- Available as the complete ColdFront System, or ColdFront Heat Exchanger and ColdFront Reservoir individually
- Protective ColdFront Protection Screen sold separately
More information, performance specifications and pricing can be found on AWE Tuning’s website in the AWE Tuning ® ColdFront section, or by calling AWE Tuning directly, at 888.565.2257. The ColdFront System will be sold online in the AWE Tuning ® ColdFront System section or through one of AWE Tuning’s global network of choice retailers around the globe.
AWE Tuning is the authority in Performance engineering for German automobiles. From award winning hand-crafted Performance exhausts to track tested big turbo kits to vetted Performance products including G.I.A.C., Bilstein, H&R, Brembo and more, AWE Tuning innovates, designs, retails and distributes choice performance products globally through its preferred network of dealers, online and from its headquarters outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Since 1991, AWE Tuning's elite team of researchers, engineers, innovators and drivers have track-tested and introduced premium performance upgrades for some of the finest automobiles in the world.