AWE TUNING COMPLETES DAILY-DRIVER INSPIRED MK7 DEVELOPMENT CAR
Jesse Kramer, Vice President of Marketing
Willow Grove, PA
June 19th, 2015
AWE Tuning has revealed the final stage of their Daily Driver VW Mk7 GTI Project Car. Working with the likes of H&R, Rotiform, G.I.A.C., Brembo, and Yokohama, to build the ultimate daily driven GTI. Here is a summary of the upgrades for this commuting hot-hatch:
- AWE Tuning Performance Downpipe
- AWE Tuning ® Touring Edition Exhaust
- AWE Tuning ® S-FLO Carbon Intake
- G.I.A.C. Stage 1 Performance Software
- H&R Street Performance Coilovers
- Brembo 365mm GT 4 Piston Big Brake Kit
- Rotiform LVS 3 Piece Wheels
- Yokohama S.Drive Tires
The idea behind the build, and the MK7 Catalog
“It’s fun to look back to our first location in 1991 and the VWs that lined the lot, and look at where the GTI - and what we can do with it - has come,” stated VP of Marketing Jesse Kramer. “There are a lot of companies that will build purpose built rockets on this platform… this is a daily driver (and a rocket), one that has taken as many road trips as it has dyno runs.”
AWE Tuning’s goal of turning their Mk7 GTI into the ultimate daily driver traversed the development of Performance Downpipes, Track and Touring Edition Exhausts, and the ever popular 100% carbon fiber S-FLO Intake. “Reliability, fitment and longevity sit at the same table as sound and power for our engineers,” stated AWE Tuning Merchandising Specialist, Will Duray.
The product line up, in detail:
AWE Tuning Mk7 GTI Touring Edition Exhaust
The intersection of performance and sophistication, the Touring Edition produces a civil tone while idling and cruising around, but give it the boot and unleash a “war-cry wail.”
- Full 3” system, front to back.
- Made from T304 Stainless Steel.
- Dyno-developed, street proven on the AWE Tuning in-house MK7 GTI.
- 102mm dual tip configuration, Chrome Silver or Diamond Black.
- Exhaust is three sections – making for the simplest install possible.
- Straight through resonator and muffler.
AWE Tuning Mk7 GTI Track Edition Exhaust
The AWE Tuning Track Edition Exhaust is for those who want to turn it up to 11. The Mk7 GTI Track Edition Exhaust takes all of the hand-crafted engineering of the Touring Edition Exhaust, and replaces the forward resonator with a straight pipe section for a more aggressive tone.
Mk7 Performance Downpipe
A potent max gain of 21hp and 24ft-lbs of torque at the crank without software when mated to the AWE Tuning Touring and Track Edition Exhaust systems.
- Max gains of 21hp and 24ft-lbs of torque at the crank without software.
- 3 inch, one-piece design. No pre-cat slip joint to leak.
- Engineered flex section ensures that the downpipe moves with 2.0T engine
- No O2 sensor spacers needed!
- HJS 200 cell HD high-flow catalyst. (Only high-durability catalyst on the market for the GTI)
- 4.5lbs lighter than the factory downpipe.
- T304 stainless steel construction.
Mk7 Cat-MERGE Performance Downpipe
Looking for an even more aggressive tone? The AWE Tuning Cat-MERGE Performance Downpipe will do the trick. All of the bespoke engineering from the Performance Downpipe, minus the catalyst.
Mk7 S-FLO Carbon Intake
The AWE Tuning MK7 GTI S-FLO Carbon Intake was engineered in-house to draw in large volumes of cool air to produce impressive power gains. And look good doing it.
- Fully sealed carbon fiber box and filter combination.
- Max gains of 18hp and 18ft-lbs of torque at the crank.
- Perfect integration with OEM inlet ducting.
- Utilizes stock mounting locations.
- UV stabilized resin and clear coat prevent yellowing from heat.
- Filters are durable, and washable.
Finished product photos
About AWE Tuning
AWE Tuning is the authority in performance engineering for European automobiles. From award winning hand-crafted performance exhausts to track tested big turbo kits to vetted performance products including G.I.A.C., Bilstein, H&R, Brembo and more, AWE Tuning innovates, designs, retails and distributes choice performance products globally through its preferred network of dealers, online and from its headquarters outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Since 1991, AWE Tuning's elite team of researchers, engineers, innovators and drivers have track-tested and introduced premium performance upgrades for some of the finest automobiles in the world.