The Inventory Manager reports to the Operations Director and leads the inventory, inventory accuracy, and material receiving functions at AWE.
The Inventory Manager is responsible for:
- Lead planning and execution of workflows, accountabilities, and goals for staff on a daily and weekly basis
- Inbound logistics
- Warehouse team oversight (hiring manager, coaching, remedial actions)
- Make complex decisions about material planning, working closely with the buying function
- Drive cost savings efforts in materials and professional services related to inventory
- Drive critical thinking and problem-solving skills throughout the organization
- Quality assurance. Responsible for ensuring all work is up to AWE’s standards. This includes assuring standards are clearly established and monitored, as well as reporting root causes and corrective actions to be implemented.
- Primary liaison to sales and marketing on topics of availability
- Manage inventory control systems to ensure raw materials and components are in stock for demand (i.e. min/max bins, reorder points)
- Lead physical inventories quarterly or organize cycle counts as necessary
- Adherence to company core values and culture
Success in this role includes the following:
- Being a leader by example.
- Lead, hire, and coach the team. It’s all about the people.
- OSHA compliance, and Safety
- Achieving inventory and cycle count goals each month
- Demonstrating and documenting continuous improvement
- Improve on-time-delivery
- Maintaining an on-brand and tidy work environment
- Must have at least 2-4 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment with complex products and multi-level bills of material.
- 4-year Degree in engineering, supply chain, operations, or other related field preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of Material and Shop Floor Planning, Purchasing, and Inventory Control processes.
- Strong people skills, and people management experience.
- Strong skills in ERP/MRP systems and processes.
- Customer-focused mindset. Experience in building relationships with salespeople and customers is a plus.
- Warehouse management process and systems experience preferred.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
- Knowledgeable about lean manufacturing and creating a positive working culture
Think you've got what it takes? Hit that red button below!