Production Floor Supervisor - first and second shifts needed
AWE is on the hunt for both first shift, and second shift Production Floor Supervisors (two roles). Interested? Read on!
The Production Floor Supervisor leads all production efforts for AWE fabricated items, developing and implementing strategies to continually improve SQDC and team growth.
- The number one objective of the Production Floor Supervisor is to implement and sustain Continuous Improvements on the floor
- The culture of efficiency needs to be fostered and meticulously driven on the floor at all times by the Production Floor Supervisor
- Performance management: the candidate will need to measure and analyze the team’s performance against budgets. This includes cost, quality, productivity, safety, delivery, and throughput ownership
- Planning and overseeing workflows, accountabilities, and goals for staff on a daily and weekly basis
- Create staffing plans, manage manpower to maintain interdepartmental balance as well as meeting the company’s financial needs
- Oversee TPM program and ensure the shop is kept organized, clean and orderly
- Solutions to challenges, looping in upper management as needed
- Identify/lead the development and implementation of cost reduction and productivity improvement programs, and new manufacturing concepts such as Cell Manufacturing, TQM, TOC, etc. in order to achieve 5% productivity improvement quarter over quarter
- Management of Productivity Pipeline - identify and lead staff in continuous improvement activities
- Quality assurance, ensuring all work is up to AWE’s standards. This includes reporting root causes and corrective actions are implemented
- Adherence to company core values
- Schedule the repair and maintenance of manufacturing equipment to minimize disruption of the production schedule
Success in this role includes the following:
- Achieving productivity and throughput goals each month
- Zero product defect rate
- Demonstrating and documenting continuous improvement
- Achieve MPM milestones by the assigned date
- Improve on-time-delivery by 5% quarter over quarter
- Presenting professionally both in the workplace and when representing AWE outside the facility
- Prefer a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 5 years previous supervisory experience or 3 + years of metalworking experience.
- Must possess knowledge of Inventory Control processes.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
- Knowledgeable about lean manufacturing and creating a positive working culture
Think you've got what it takes? Hit that red button below!