AWE TUNING WORLD RECORD: 93 OCTANE, FULL WEIGHT, 3.0T S4/5
AWE Tuning World Record: 93 Octane, Full Weight, 3.0T S4/5
Willow Grove, PA
April 30, 2014
AWE Tuning claimed another record April 23rd, 2014 with their in-house project B8.5 S5, with an 11.883 second ¼ mile run at Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, Maryland, at 116.49 mph. The time is the fastest quarter mile time recorded to date for a 93 octane-fueled B8 or B8.5 chassis 3.0T.
“We wanted to see what we could do with no prep,” claimed VP of Marketing, Jesse Kramer, “Spare tire was still in, all the seats in, 20” wheels and pump fuel.”
AWE Tuning’s B8.5 S5, which is well-known in the Audi community for it’s striking ‘Samoa Orange’ paint, is not only an R&D car for the company but also a daily driver for various AWE Tuning staff.
The car has been modified with bolt-on, off the shelf upgrades – all readily available to the public.
The AWE Tuning B8.5 S5 Build List:
1. AWE Tuning B8.5 Stage 2 Pulley Kit with G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software
2. AWE Tuning S5 3.0T Performance Exhaust System with 102mm Diamond Black Tips
3. AWE Tuning Audi B8 3.0T Resonated Downpipes
4. AWE Tuning B8.5 S-FLO Carbon Intake Kit with S-FLO Filter
5. AWE Tuning ® ColdFront™ Heat Exchanger with Protection Screen
6. AWE Tuning ® ColdFront™ Reservoir
7. AWE Tuning ® ColdFront™ Coolant Pump
8. AWE Tuning Vent Mounted Boost Gauge with AWE Tuning 3.0T Boost Tap
9. G.I.A.C. DSG DL501 S-Tronic Transmission Software
10. H&R Street Performance Coilovers
11. H&R 30mm Adjustable Front and 24mm Non-Adjustable Rear sway bars
12. Brembo 380mm GT Brake kit
13. Forgeline 20x10” VX3C Concave Wheels with 275/30R20 Falken Azenis FK453 Tires
14. SPC Adjustable Front Control Arms with AWE Tuning Wiring Harness Relocation Kit
15. EuroGear Carbon Fiber Front Splitter
Official ¼ mile drag strip times can be found on Audizine.com.
“We’ve said in the past that we enjoy operating at the intersection of performance and complete practicality. This new record still demonstrates that,” remarked Jesse Kramer, AWE Tuning’s VP of Marketing.
The run was done with a D/A of 74, and a 200lb driver.
About AWE Tuning
AWE Tuning is the authority in performance engineering for German automobiles. From award winning hand-crafted performance exhausts to track tested big turbo kits to vetted performance products including GIAC, Bilstein, H&R, Brembo and more, AWE Tuning innovates, designs, retails and distributes choice performance products globally through it’s preferred network of dealers, online and from its headquarters outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Since 1991, AWE Tuning's elite team of researchers, engineers, innovators and drivers have track-tested and introduced premium performance upgrades for some of the finest automobiles in the world.